Terms Specific to Market Data provided by Oslo Bors ASA (“Oslo Bors”).
If Client’s service includes Market Data provided by Oslo Bors, the following additional terms apply:
- For purposes of this section, the following definitions apply:
- “Equity Indices” means the equity indices included within the Market Data provided by Oslo Bors;
- “GICS” means the Global Industry Classification Standard, which was developed by and is the exclusive property of and a service mark of Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc. and Standard and Poor’s;
- “MSCI” means Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc.; and
- “S&P” means Standard and Poor’s.
- Client acknowledges and agrees that:
- the Equity Indices are based on MCSI’s Classification Model (Global Industry Classification Standard – GICS). A description of the GICS is publicly available on the Oslo Stock Exchange’s web site;
- Client may not redistribute the description of the GICS to any third party;
- the GICS is developed by and is the exclusive property of and service mark of MSCI and S&P. It has been licensed for use by Oslo Bors and Vela is entitled to redistribute the classifications and products based on classifications made by MSCI and S&P to its clients;
- Client is entitled to make use of the GICS solely for the purpose of comprehending the content of the Market Data provided by Oslo Bors and may not use the GICS to create a classification designation in any way;
- MSCI is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the GICS;
- the rights granted under this Agreement convey no rights, title or interest in or to the GICS to Client;
- Client shall not use the GICS in any way other than as expressly provided in this Agreement;
- neither MSCI nor S&P nor any other party involved in or related to the compilation or creation of the GICS makes any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to this information (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof), and MSCI and S&P and any other party involved in or related to the compilation or creation of the GICS hereby expressly disclaim all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for particular purpose with respect to any of this information; and
- the Equity Indices are not issued, sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by MSCI or S&P.
- Client may only redistribute limited amounts of Market Data if such redistribution complies with the following requirements: (1) is not continuous, (2) does not constitute updating in real-time, (3) is made on either infrequent or irregular basis, (4) is incidental to the purpose of Client’s principal business, (5) cannot be used as a substitute for any service of Vela or any substantial part of it, (6) has no independent commercial value, (7) is not separately charged for, (8) is not made in connection with commercial information broking, information vending, publishing or credit rating, nor for substantial reproduction through the press or media, nor for transmission via any private or public network, cable or satellite system.
- Client may not delete any copyright or proprietary notice contained in the Market Data.
- Redistribution of delayed Market Data is also subject to the conditions mentioned above.